For large infrastructure projects, conventional surveying can be tedious. Boots on the ground can pose a serious challenge for crews to acquire precise measurements efficiently and safely—taking a lot of time, interrupting day-to-day traffic, and calling for large crews to get the job done. While there’s a time and a place for traditional surveying, GeoVerra embraces technology, like mobile mapping, to advance the industry.
GeoVerra uses the Trimble MX50 which is a complete mobile mapping solution that combines leading edge hardware with intuitive field software and a powerful, integrated office software workflow. It combines long range LiDAR, spherical imagery and oblique cameras along with best-in-class inertial sensors providing the ultimate in mobile mapping performance. The Trimble MX50 rapidly captures laser scans and images, both panoramic and multi-angle, as you drive.
This high-performance mobile mapping system produces a very dense point cloud and is able to measure ranges up to 80 meters in typical working conditions. The Trimble MX50 is ideal for undertaking data capture for large survey, engineering projects and asset management.
- Land use planning
- Asset management
- GIS inventory and maintenance
- Digital imaging logs
- Small, but complex areas
- Preliminary site survey
- As-built surveys
- Large projects and corridors
- Large-scale Fiber to the Home initiatives
- Geo-referenced immersive imagery and mapping data
- High-precision data capture
- Quicker data collection and increased efficiencies
- Fewer people in the field, mitigating safety risks
- Reduced interruptions to stakeholders and surrounding communities
- Integration with custom portals, simplifying asset management and data access